Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goodbye Germany.

Sometimes other people say it better, so here it is. Thank you everyone who made this trip so incredible. It was truly completele wholly amazing.

1
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
the morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall
it reminds me that it's not so bad
it's not so bad

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay
my head just feels in pain
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today
I'm late for work again
and even if I'm there, they'll all imply that I might not last the
day
and then you call me and it's not so bad
it's not so bad and

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life

Push the door, I'm home at last and I'm soaking through and
through
then you handed me a towel and all I see is you
and even if my house falls down now, I wouldn't have a clue
because you're near me and

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life





2
Days like this, I don't know what to do with myself
all day -- and all night
I wander the halls along the walls and under my
breath
I say to myself
I need fuel -- to take flight


And there's too much going on
but it's calm under the waves, in the blue of my
oblivion
Under the waves in the blue of my oblivion

Is that why they call me a sullen girl -- sullen
girl
They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil
sea
But he washed me ashore and he took my pearl --
and left and empty shell of me





3
If I get old
I will not give in
But if I do
Remind me of this

Remind me that
Once I was free
Once I was cool
Once I was me

And if I sat down and crossed my arms
Hold me until this song

Knock me out
Smash out my brains
If I take the chair and start to talk shit

If I get old remind me of this
That night we kissed and I really meant it
Whatever happens if we're still speaking
Pick up the phone
Play me this song

No comments: