Sunday, September 16, 2007

allergic.

You say, "I'm allergic to this house"
I think you're allergic to this life,
maybe not allergic, but it sure isn't right.

I wonder when you'll leave, I wonder
how long it will take, when you're nothing
more than part of my past.
I don't think you are capable of love,
or emotion or anything of the sort.
I find myself caught in your web,
without the strength to get out.
I would walk so far away,
and then an entire extra day,
to rid my life of you completely.

But now I'm caught in your web and you're caught between these walls,
You'll always be allergic, and I'll be stuck here with you.

I don't know what I was thinking,
when you said, "You don't want to be with me"
gave fair warning and I washed that from my mind.
Should have listened to you, trusted you,
because now i am disgusted with you,
and you're allergic to these walls,
and you're hating this life.
and it's all my fault, because i wanted you to be
someone from my past, true and pure
and full of passion, lit with a flame
that carried me through my days
and held me through these lonely nights.

Now I just fall asleep alone, lonely
right next to you, as tears redden
my cold cheeks, silently and you don't see
or hear, and I'm not sure you feel.
But I Love you, and I want you here,
even if I'm alone because I know who
you used to be, or who I thought
would care for me love me hold me.

1 comment:

ingy said...

Wow, that's a great expression of your then state of mind ...
ingy